Skip to content

The Next Chapter for Baaad Anna!

January 3, 2015
by

It is hard to believe that the shop has been open for five and half years, and at the same time, it feels like it’s been apart of my life for as long as I can remember. So it is a bitter-sweet moment to let you all know that it is time for me to move on.  In April 2015 Luke, the boys and I will be packing up and moving to Winnipeg! With a heart full of excitement and sadness we will be saying goodbye to our amazing Vancouver community and welcoming new adventures as we are buying some land outside of Winnipeg (where Luke’s family lives) and starting a small farm – with enough space for a giant garden, some chickens, goats, sheep (and 1 pig if our boys have their way!).

Baaad Anna’s however will NOT be moving, for the past many months I have been working with an amazing woman who will be taking over the business and offering the same great yarn, classes, community and no doubt bringing even more fantastic things to the store! Watch here in the next month for more details about the new owner and the fantastic things she will be doing in the store.

I have appreciated all your support and friendships over the past 5 years, and I am so thankful for having been apart of all your lives, and the support you have all shown me. When I began the store I wanted to set up a place that brought people together, a place where true community existed, an environment that everyone felt welcome and learning was shared freely among people. I feel that has happened at the shop and has exceeded my expectations, and I am deeply grateful for all of you that make up my community here.

I will miss all of you  – those that I see weekly, who come and knit and chat on the couch, those that come to the stitch n bitch and have become such a great part of my life. I will miss the customers who have grown to be some of my closest friends and confidants. I will miss celebrating the knitting successes with all the beginners who come through our door, and the excitement over a new yarn, or a new project! I will miss the regulars, the seasonal knitters, the updates on your kids/cats/families/lives, the real sense of community that exists in this neighbourhood, and the way it feels to be apart of something collective.

For the past year, we have really felt that it was time to make a change in our life. As our boys are growing and we crave more open space and the chance at a more ‘homesteady’ lifestyle it became clear that this could not happen in Vancouver. We are fortunate to have amazing, supportive families who unfortunately live very far away.  We are very excited about the next chapter, and I hope that if you are ever in Manitoba that you will come meet our sheep and say hello!

Over the next few months I hope to see all of you, and there will no doubt be some excellent good-bye parties. I also hope to continue seeing all of you virtually through Instagram and Facebook etc.  Thanks again for all your support, friendship and GREAT times, you all will be missed greatly.

Watch out Manitoba - here we come!

Watch out Manitoba – here we come!

20 Comments leave one →
  1. March 25, 2015 2:05 pm

What an exciting adventure awaiting for you! The homestead lifestyle is so lovely.. Yet sadly, there isn’t a lot of affordable space in Vancouver for a farm. I wish you the best! xo Congratulations!!

• baaadannas permalink
      March 29, 2015 7:16 pm

Thank you – we are so excited!!

2. February 8, 2015 10:33 am

Wow, big changes – I’m so happy for you ! It has been such a pleasure meeting you, and I’ve really appreciated your presence in the community. Congratulations and very best wishes to you on these new adventures !

3. Anita permalink
    January 11, 2015 1:31 am

Prairie people are the friendliest people. However, I shall miss you Anna. You have such enthusiasm for knitting, friends, and family and I have enjoyed that. I will look forward to more adventures on a farm. Your boys are lucky to experience that!

4. Elizabeth permalink
    January 8, 2015 4:42 pm

Gonna miss you….always a smile and a welcome when I come to pick up needles! Congrats and all the best for you and your family!

5. January 8, 2015 4:14 am

Wow Anna – a huge decision, good for you and the family. I was born in Winnipeg and have lots of family in MB and SK. People from the prairies are the nicest in the whole country (IMHO!). I hope to see you before you go…

6. January 7, 2015 10:51 pm

Congrats you guys!! We’re gonna miss you heaps and heaps! What a wonderful adventure! 😀

7. Gail Hunter permalink
    January 7, 2015 3:28 pm

Cant wait to enter in on the Winnipeg joy and journey of my first born blond haired blessing and her wonderful family!!! So thrilled for you hon!!!!

8. Cassia Kantrow permalink
    January 7, 2015 3:24 pm

Congratulations! How exciting! I will miss your presence at the shop and in the community and wish you the best of bests in your next steps.

9. January 7, 2015 3:10 pm

Congratulations on your new life adventure ahead!! I look forward to seeing loads of pics of your new place and new furry family members! 🙂

10. Colleen permalink
    January 7, 2015 2:40 pm

LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to see photos of your homestead! Blessings.

11. January 7, 2015 11:26 am

So proud of you and all that you have accomplished with Baaad Anna’s. It has been such a source of joy for me…it is where I learned to knit and where we shared some great times when I came to visit you, Luke and the boys. When i talk about my big sister, Anna, I have such pride. You, Anna, are a dreamer who follows through. You see things to the end and I still am that little sister nipping at your heels wanting to be exactly like you! I am beyond excited for this next chapter of your life and for Stanley to be able to come out to you guys and enjoy time at the farm with J and B. We are going to have some AWESOME NEW memories in Winnipeg and I cannot wait! Love you so much!! Mia

12. John Ross permalink
    January 7, 2015 6:48 am

Oh Anna, so sad that you and the family are leaving, but so very thrilled that the next chapter is going to be equally wonderful. Best wishes for you and your family, you are a beautiful friend that I will miss, thank you for all that you have done for our/your community, you really are a huge success, some of my closest and dearest friends I have met through your store, and for that, I sincerely thank you. I have family in Winnipeg, so this is not goodbye, I will see you again. Lovely to have been part of your life. Bear Hugs to you. Xox

13. Shelli permalink
    January 7, 2015 6:02 am

I wonder if the new owners are going to have better hours than you. I would love it if I came into town on a long weekend and the store would actually be open!

• Megan permalink
      January 8, 2015 4:25 am

Wow! This is such an incredibly self centered comment. I wonder if customers like these are really worth having?

14. Sherri permalink
    January 7, 2015 4:58 am

Congratulations! Not everyone gets to live their dream…twice. Best of luck to you and your family. Baaad Anna’s was the first place I went to knit during my year of waiting for my PR card. My experiences at Wed Stitch n Bitch helped me to feel comfortable and start to get used to my new home. Very glad to hear your legacy will remain. It is kind of like you will still be here! Looking forward to seeing you before you leave.

15. January 7, 2015 4:52 am

Best of everything in your new adventure!

16. January 7, 2015 4:51 am

oh and you got photo bombed by a bison

17. January 7, 2015 4:49 am

You guys deserve wide open spaces Anna. Not an easy decision I know. We will miss you guys so much, even though we only see you 3 or 4 times a year. You were a big part of my life in Vancouver, but I can speak from experience when I say that it’s a tough place for kids to roam (although you wouldn’t know it from all the experiences you’ve given your boys there). I really want to see you guys before you go so let’s try to make that work. This one’s for you friend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2kMlnkxm7w
    xo