Little Fibre Library
Baaad Anna’s is proud to support the Little Fibre Library project by providing yarn and resources for community members to take on this initiative.
Read What’s New
- NEW Little Fibre Libraries LAUNCHEDThere’s three new Fibre Libraries recently launched, and watch out New Westminster as you are home to TWO of them! What are Fibre Libraries and how can I find them? We have info and resources here, but if you are interested in hosting one of your own, many have been built in partnership with the … Read more
- A Community that CouldWhat started with an overflow of yarn donations has come to twelve (and counting) free fibre library boxes around the Vancouver area. It’s been a while since our last update, so read on for details on our two newest locations, grant funding deadlines, and tips to starting your own fibre library in your neighborhood! Two … Read more
Join the YVR Litle Fribre Library Facebook Page! Here community members share tips and knowledge on these lovely little boxes.
Use the #littlefreefibrelibrary or #fibrelibrary on Instagram to stay connected with your community!
Here are some funding opportunities to get supplies.
Community groups can also apply for Neighbourhood Matching Funds
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like us to share funding request draft descriptions and budget, as a starting point for your own project request.
Here are a couple of step-by-step tutorials on building your own Library box.
Tips & Tricks
A great resource from a group of Little Library organizers. Check out their bundle of videos and handful of tips and tricks!
- There are also Etsy or local woodworkers who sell Little Libraries already made, if you don’t have these skills but can fundraise/apply for grant funding to cover this. Here’s an example.
- Chat with local Guides or Scouts groups if they might want to build one a merit badge experience
- If you know of a local woodworker that would be interested in selling these, please drop us a line!
As a part of our Upcycle Program, we are happy to stock your fibre box when supplies are available. Email us at email@example.com and we can coordinate a pick up/drop off.
- Talk to local thrift stores to donate any excess fibre art supplies
- Post on your local Buy Nothing facebook page