Fibre Kits Galore!
Let’s kick off the summer with some new fibre and craft kits at Baaad Anna’s! While we are still carrying our knitted gnomes and needle felt animal kits, we are excited to bring on some gorgeous new embroidery and macrame kits . Read on for a summary of everything you can find in store or online for a portable grab-and-go camping, staycation, vacationing, keeping-kids-engaged activity.
- Angiels Art DIY Embroidery Kits are designed from the beautiful Albertan Rockies to mountain tops here in Vancouver! Using mainly satin stitch, these kits are beginner friendly and include everything you need to complete a work of art. We have been in love with these kits so much we featured them in our May Project of the Month. You can read more about these DIY kits here. Our biggest advice for these landscape kits is patience!
- Hook, Line & Tinker Embroidery Kits are second in word play at our store (the first objectively being the Gnome Pun kits!). The kits come in three levels- from beginner friendly to ambitious beginner. These Canadian-designed kits include everything you need to complete a unique and modern home decoration. We love these embroidery designs because many feature fibre arts imagery. How cute is that little crab knitting in ‘Oh Snap’!?
What started as stocking stuffers during December has returned this summer as a customer favorite in store.
- The Tiny Weaving kit is ideal for weavers and crafters of all skill levels, this mini weaving kit comes with everything you need to craft the perfect mini wall hangings with ease.
- The Felt Succulent Crafting Kit delivers the trendy joy of succulents in an easy-to-complete DIY package — no green thumb required.
- The new-in-store Rosemade Macrame Rainbow Kit comes in 8 color variations and Cactus Kit comes in 4 color variations. Each kit contains enough cord and rope, plus you will need your own scissors and a glue gun (or you can hand sew the pieces together). Set aside 30 minutes to an hour for this easy DIY project. At the end, you will have a beautiful wall hanging!
- Sarah Elizabeth Fibre Works plant hanger kits include everything you need to make both a single and double plant hanger. It is suited to teens and older and comes in a rainbow of color selection. These kits are a great way to pick up macrame and let your creativity flourish! Read more about our experience making the plant hanger kits here.
- We still have our full menagerie of felted animal kits from Estelle in both medium and large sizes. Pandas, foxes, birds, sheep, mice and koalas are just some of the wee animals we have in stock. These kits are also beginner friendly and include everything you need to make your chosen animal.
- Last year we blogged about the Sarah Elizabeth animal looms and how they are a great summer stashbusting project. The sheep and llama looms and fibre are sold separately to let you choose your own adventure, and they come in both small and medium sizes. Because of their diminutive size, these small weaving projects are also a great adult-child activity since the small loom takes little time to complete using beginner friendly weaving techniques. Let your creativity run free with this project!
- Last but not least, we have our beloved gnome kits! They are engaging and intricate and a great way to learn how to do cables and other fun stitches that you don’t often come across (the curved Gnome Pun Intended hats are a great example of this!). Each kit includes everything you need, except the needles, to complete your gnome (the pattern, yarn, washed llama hair filling, and glass bead weights) and we bet that once you make one you won’t be able to stop. Experienced beginners will enjoy these as well seasoned knitters. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again – waste gnome time before casting one of these on!