Looking for some yarny inspiration? Read through our Project of the Months over the years!
- Project of the Month: Cozy Cabled HatHave you ever seen a rainbow speckle you didn’t like? Sounds impossible! Even better we’ve got a custom set of Lily & Pine bulky minis created just for us to bring your confetti love on! Paired with a custom Baaad Anna’s colourway Yarnboler pompom, this quick knit make a lovely cap that stands out in
- Project of the Month: Scout ShawlA piece of true beauty and technique, this month we want to highlight a store sample that has been gracing our window since last year. The Scout Shawl by Florence Spurling made by Cheryl is a testament to colorwork, consistency, and a love for the vintage aesthetic! Our sample is a heavier version of the shawl which calls
- Project of the Month: Gondor VestSweater vests – or slipovers – are the perfect spring knit for the West Coast, where the weather refuses to be pinned down. Staff member Meghan knit up a Gondor Vest in our new Imperial Yarns Denali, a super soft 50/50 blend of alpaca and merino. Nice and cozy, but a sport weight so you
- POTM Marsh Top in Criative DKNothing says spring more than tulips! This month staff member Sarah knit up this gorgeous lace-knit top– Marsh by Amy Palmer in the soft and light EYB Criative DK. About the Pattern Marsh is a variation on another free pattern, Mallow, a tulip top meant for colder weather. While Mallow is meant for long-sleeved weather,
- Project of the Month: Sirenia CowlWhile we wish for the spring days to come, let’s throw some color into an entrelac knitting project! For February, our staff member Nadia knit up the Estelle Colour Flow into a Sirenia Cowl by Amy Klimt About the Pattern The Sirenia Cowl is a perfect intermediate knit that includes the techniques of knitting in
- Project of the Month: Traquair Hat and MittsLet’s kick off the new year with a cozy, colorful project of the month! The Traquair Hat and Mitttens by Amanda B Collins is an intermediate knitting pattern perfect for highlighting hand-dyed single-ply yarn. A beautiful knit, this herringbone collection wowed our staff member, Cheryl. For those of you who joined us in our 12
- Project of the Month: Nightshift ShawlDecember weather calls for a cozy project of the month! We wanted to take this month to highlight one of our favorite store samples. Bundle up in Andrea Mowry’s Nightshift Shawl! This project is a gorgeous 6-skein color shifting shawl that perfectly captures a handspun look no matter what yarn you use. Our staff used
- Project of the Month: Bradway ShawlFor November’s Project of the Month we paired two very special British Columbian yarny talents: local Van Island designer Shannon Cook of Very Shannon with homegrown BC Interior yarn from Disdero Ranch to wrap ourselves up in one of our long time favourite shawls, the Bradway. “I am continually inspired to create designs that are
- Project of the Month and New Kits: Antlers Beach ThrowFor our October’s Project of the Month we paired up two of Baaad Anna’s favourite Canadian companies, Estelle Yarns and Knox Mountain Knit Co to make the perfect cozy blanket/shawl for our autumn nights, the Antlers Beach Throw. Based in Kelowna, Sasha MacDonnel and Willow Lot of Knox Mountain Knit Co design patterns inspired by
- Project of the Month: Budding Brioche Blooms ShawlFor our June Project of the Month we paired up the stunning and shimmering Essence of Autumn with the Budding Brioche Blooms shawl by Jennifer Shiels Toland. This is a perfect shawl for the spring and summer, adding just enough warmth while still being light, airy and oh so elegant. We have fallen
- Project of the Month: Angiels Art Embroidery KitsThis May we’ve turned our attention to embroidery. From the beautiful scenes of the Albertan Rockies to our mountain tops here in Vancouver, Angiels Art has crafted a series of DIY Embroidery Kits that have wowed us completely! Our staff, Janice and Cheryl, tried their hands this month at The Lions and Lake Louise.
- Project of the Month: Butterfly | Papillon ShawlWe really flew away with our April Project of the Month! Highlighting the colorful Uneek Fingering Yarns, the Butterfly | Papillon Shawl by MarinJaKnits is a gorgeous and detailed piece. The shawl was made by one of our newest staff members, Nadia, who will share some of her experience working with this pattern.
- Project of the Month: Chain HatFor our March Project of the Month, we have turned our hands to crochet! Our knitting and crochet teacher Rebecca fell in love with this pattern on first sight, due to its stylish design with a focus on wearable texture. Not only will we focus this month’s POTM on this great pattern, Rebecca created a
- Project of the Month: Super Easy Knit Ribbed HatAs you embark on your knitting adventures you may eventually end up at a local yarn store, more affectionately known as your LYS. What LYSs are able to offer over other craft stores or online shopping is the help to match your yarn of choice to your project, and the confidence that your knit my
- Project of the Month: Two Slipstravaganza ShawlsFor our December Project of the Month we are featuring the Slipstravaganza shawl! We’re closing out the year featuring two of these giant cozy shawls that were knit by Sarah and Gabby, two of our Baaad Anna’s staff members. Slipstravaganza is a shawl pattern by Stephen West (Westknits) that was released this fall as a
- Project of the Month: Dance With Me DressOur November project of the month is the Dance With Me dress knit up in Americo Original Fine Tweed fingering weight yarn! The Dance With Me dress is a free pattern by DROPS Design and this tweedy grey and blue version was knit by Sarah, our store manager. This knit dress has a vintage feel,
- Project of the Month: The ‘Vested Interest’ VestHooray for October! The leaves are slowly changing here in the Lower Mainland, we have had a hint of cooler weather and our fall sweaters are out at last. For the October project of the month we are featuring a squishy, warm, hug of a sweater vest called ‘Vested Interest’ that was knit up in
- Project of the Month: Sailing SweaterOur July project of the month is the Sailing Sweater designed by Canadian designer Beckie Paul, whom some might recognize as the dyer for Shirley Brian Yarns! Gabby, our community coordinator, knit this rust coloured summer version in local indie favorite Vegan Yarn’s Pakucho worsted cotton. It’s a perfect summer evening sweater and we’re predicting
- Project of the Month: Cluran ShawlThis month we are featuring this light and breezy Cluran Shawl, knit up in three colours of Sarah Elizabeth Fiber Works Easy Ecowash. If you dropped by the shop to pick up an order recently you might have seen this shawl featured in the front window. The light blue, peach and cream hues make us
For older Projects of the Month, please browse our archive here.