Stock Up, Ship Out, and our 2017 Knitathon This Sunday!
Tis the season to be busy! Fa la la la… And busy we have been!
Our online store at www.baaadannas.store has quietly been filling up with more of the items our bricks and mortor store has available and just in time for Christmas, check out the bottom of this post to get a full list of what’s new online!
And Canada Post reminds us that this is the weekend to get all of your last minute mailings sent, so let our online store help take the chill out of the holiday panic! Four days until the drop date deadline!!!
As every year since Anna opened in 2012 we will spend the day knitting & crocheting hats, scarves, mittens etc. to be handed out in the Downtown Eastside. Come spend the day with us this Sunday for some charity making. Anyone making a donation of warmth will receive 10% off all yarn on the day of the event!
This year we are also encouraging donations of any other good condition warm winter items that are not in use in your household such as hats, mitts, scarves or sweaters/hoodies, handknit or not.
And it doesn’t stop there, you can also bring in any unwanted yarn you may have to be donated for use in this event. Any yarn that is donated but not used will then be redistributed by Baaad Anna’s to various school and seniors groups!
Sunday, December 17th 2017
1pm – 5pm
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
* Donate yarn to be knit into hats, mittens, scarves (must be in organized skeins or balls – no ends or mini balls please!)
* Come and knit for an hour or two (or all day if you are hard-core!)
* Donate unused, good condition winter accessories
As always, there will be a great spread of treats, fruit, hot chocolate and tea for all those who participate! We are looking forward to seeing you there!
Want some last minute holiday ideas? Here’s a list of what’s new online at www.baaadannas.store:
- Tuskenknits Wander Sock Set and Five Skein Fife Fade Kit
- Hedgehog Merino Aran
- Woolen Boon Bare and Woolen Boon Classic (re-stocked)
- Black Cat Let’s Get Worsted
- Smith & Ewe Maryanne’s Bliss Gradient and Maryanne’s Socks
- Sea Turtle Ridley Sock
- Ancient Arts Passion 8
- Yarn Ink Classic Sock
- Flock Take a Hike Sock (re-stocked)
- new issue of Rib magazine
- new issue of Pom Pom Magazine
- West Coast Colour yake fibres: Karma, Orgasm and Afterglow
- Frog Peak Project Bags
- Needle Keepers
- Noro Hanabatake and Taiyo Lace
- Mirasol Miski