How to Upcycle Your Knits
No need to say goodbye to a favorite hand-knit when you can give it the love it deserves! Join us to find out how!
Photo courtesy of Holli Yeoh.
Materials needed: Holli Yeoh’s Repair Kit (valued at $31) is included in the cost of this workshop and includes: Eucalan sample, bent-tip needle, straight needle, needle felting needle, foam, locking stitch markers, small embroidery hoop, embroidery floss, sweater/blanket storage bag.
- If you have one, bring a swatch from a completed project in stockinette stitch on smooth yarn (so you can see the stitches) that you are comfortable cutting, or
- If you’d like to make one, you could work up a 5 inch square swatch in a smooth yarn, preferably wool. Work in stockinette stitch with a moss or garter stitch border.
- Some small amounts of yarn for repairs in the same weight as your swatch but not in the same colour. For this class, you want to be able to see your fixes!
- Knit items (hand or commercial knits) with holes or thin spots for a discussion on strategies for fixing them
- Two double pointed needles in a size appropriate for the weight of yarn/swatch
- Crochet hook approximate size of knitting needles
- Basic knitter’s toolkit (any other items you tend to use)
DATE: Sunday February 16th from 3:30-6:30pm
COST: $82.00 (+tax) includes Holli Yeoh mending kit valued at $32.00
INSTRUCTOR: Holli Yeoh, of Holli Yeoh Designs
To register visit us in store, call 604-255-2577, or register online here.