Thank You For Supporting Our Safety Measures…
We’ve been having a lot of discussion behind the scenes with our staff as to how we are feeling about the slowly expanding bubble amidst the unclear unfolding of spring and summer here in Vancouver. We want to start with a hearty THANK YOU for supporting us through shopping in our online store and connecting with us by phone or curbside at a distance… we are sincerely grateful for the support we receive and hopefully in turn are able are able to give to the community.
Me and others of our team have children underfoot at home going squirrelly, while others are living and playing with immune-compromised loved ones in our bubbles. We would all like to return to some semblance of normalcy, but alas we are in it for the long game. As such we are committed to keeping our storefront closed to minimize exposure to both our staff and the yarns and fibre art materials that go out from our shop. Without a glass ball and some magic we are unable to foresee how long this will need to remain, but safety is of utmost concern so for the time being so for now until the end of June we will continue to serve our community with our online store and via phone in/curbside ordering.
This limits the amount of browsing, returns/exchanges and special requests we can offer, although we have a wide range of unique buying arrangements we can offer. Over the past two months we have delivered to doorsteps, done window-shopping-real-time-phone-orders, played pattern/yarn match-maker, partnered with local designer to provide access to classes via online delivery, and offered some head turning flash sales.
We intend to continue using our out-of-the-box brainstorming to provide more access to fibre arts over the upcoming summer months as vacay planning also becomes more creative. In turn we ask that you consider supporting small and local over the upcoming slow season for knitters; if there have been any lovelies you have been eyeing for that special special project, maybe now is a good time to consider taking the plunge? Staycations have never looked so good!
What we can offer:
* Most of our store is available online with real-time stock availability at www.baaadannas.store
* Staff are on call from11am to 2pm EVERY DAY of the week for phone-in yarn choice help or immediate ordering
* We are providing curb-side pickup for both online and phone in orders, much of which same-day!
* There will be a SURPRISE sale every Sunday which goes live in our online store at midnight for 24 hours
* Free winding upon request on any order (note: wound yarn cannot be returned)
* We can put a selection of yarns in the window for live-by-phone window shopping at 604 255 2577
* Our staff can take and send photos of yarn colours of our current inventory
* Gift certificates
* Some local delivery of items with paid shipping to minimize the number of hands a package goes through
* A full array of knitting, crocheting and felting classes
* Weekly rentals of spinning wheels, knitter’s looms, swifts, winders and wheel carders still available
What we can not offer that this time:
* In store browsing
* Returns or exchanges; any item we normally offer returns or exchanges on as-new yarn and we will honour a six month window for these to happen once the store front opens
* Gift certificates cannot be redeemed in our online store; please call in your purchase in our phone-in hours with GC number
* Cash payments
* Paypal doesn’t offer payment via debit, and unfortunately we are not letting people into the store to ‘tap’; if you do not have a credit card, please call on Thursdays from 11am to 2pm on the day the owner is in to discuss options.
(we will update this list as our situation changes; last updated May 22/20)
Thank you for your support of local and shopping family owned!