Iron Dog Books Pop Up
We are thrilled to have the opportunity to collaborate with Vancouver’s only mobile bookshop, Iron Dog Books, at their SFU UniverCity pop up shop from now until the end of March. What’s more cozy than being surrounded by books and yarn?
For the better part of the year Iron Dog Books is housed in a converted food truck and can be found at various community events, Lower Mainland iconic meet ups, farmer’s markets and at its UniverCity home base. But owners Hilary and Cliff Atleo have worked to bring this amazing resource into the UniverCity community in a more traditional form within this temporary space, and it has been attracting locals to shop, meet up and learn together in this fantastic space.
Whether you are new to SFU’s UniverCity or a Burnaby local, there’s no better time to check out the Lower Mainland’s newest bookshop and mini-LYS! Starting next February 19th we will be hosting a Learn to Knit Class on Tuesday nights for the next four weeks from 6-7:30. And various intro-level fibre arts workshops to boot! Here’s the full list of what we’re offering:
- Felted Soap Workshop: Make a soap and natural wool scrubbie!
- Saturday Feb 16th from 4:00-5:00pm for $25 (includes materials)
- Sunday March 10th 4:00-5:00pm for $25 (includes materials)
- Beginner Knitting Lessons: Cast-on, knit, purl, cast-off a hat… viola!
- Tuesdays Feb 19th to March 12th from 6:00-7:30pm for $80
- Learn to Arm Knit: Finish a scarf in one afternoon!
- Friday March 1st from 3:30-6:00pm for $45 (includes materials)
- Sunday March 10th 3:30-6:00pm for $45 (includes materials)
Tell all your Burnaby friends that have always wanted to learn to knit that this is their opportunity! Or better yet, come up and craft together!
Register at Iron Dog Books at 8999 Cornerstone Mews where you can pick up some amazing new and pre-loved books as well as some of our yarn and fibre arts kits, or by phone at 778 986 6674.
Photographs courtesy of Iron Dog Books… doesn’t this place just look so inviting?? Come up and visit!