Ready to Try Indigo Dyeing?
This would be our first in-person class since March, but we are not ready to give in to the winter blues just yet! Join our teacher Rebecca in some outdoor, back lane indigo vat dyeing next Sunday so long as we don’t get rained out!
In this hands on workshop you will prepare your yarn and discuss ways to get different results; colour depth and resist techniques. This is an introductory class so NO EXPERIENCE is necessary, and all materials will be included (including a 100g skein of 75% Merino/ 15% Cashmere/ 10% Silk single ply yarn). You are also welcome to bring in a second skein from your own stash to overdye!
Indigo Dyeing Workshop
THIS IS AN IN-PERSON WORKSHOP held outside at Baaad Anna’s and adhering to social distance protocols. Weather dependent. (We will notify of cancellation — with full refund — in the case of rain on Sunday morning by 9am).
Learn how to make your own Indigo Thiox Vat!
- 1 x 100g skein of singles in 75% Merino/ 15% Cashmere/ 10% Silk
- Free pattern for The Whispering Shore Shawl
- Rubber gloves
- Wear old clothes or an apron
- Mask (regular, non-medical is sufficient)
- Optional (but recommended!) : Students can bring 1 x 100g skein of yarn to be overdyed (does not need to be cream, can be any colour, results will vary depending on base colour of yarn) – must be minimum 80% natural fibres (wool, silk, cotton, bamboo etc..) Yarn will need to be in a skein.
- Knitting to work on whilst we wait for the Indigo Vat
COST: $115 (plus tax)
Minimum 3 and max 6 participants
DATE: Sunday October 25th
- SOLD OUT: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm PDT ∼or∼
- ONE SPACE LEFT! 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm PDT
Weather dependent. (We will notify of cancellation — with full refund — in the case of rain on Sunday morning by 9am).
Rebecca has been knitting since she was 7 years old and has always had a love for textiles and colour. Teaching people how to knit expresses one of her greatest joys; sharing her creativity and passion with people. Originally from the UK, she has called Vancouver her home for the last 5 years.
To register call 604-255-2577, or register online here!