New Year, New Virtual Meet Ups!
Happy new year everyone, we hope that the start of this new year has been a gentle and healthy one for all of you. With the drizzly-est months of the year upon us (in the South Coast of BC at least) we thought it might be a good time to highlight some of the virtual ways to stay connected until in person knit nights and classes can resume.
If you haven’t yet had an opportunity to join in on a Zoom knit night, this might be the perfect time to give it a try! You can cozy up with a warm cup of your favourite drink and your current WIP (work in progress) while making new connections and seeing and learning from what others are making.
Every week there are virtual knit night events taking place that you can join in with. We have had the opportunity to attend a number of virtual knit nights and can attest to the friendly, low pressure atmosphere of them. Here is a list of local virtual knit groups you can join, each has its own Meet Up or Facebook page where you can get the latest schedule of events and links to participate.
- Knit1Tea1 is a group hosted by Rebecca Glazier (one of Baaad Anna’s rad knitting and crochet instructors). Rebecca has been hosting Meet Ups in Vancouver and New Westminster over the past few years and virtually since March. These virtual meet ups are free of charge, but you need to sign up to the Knit1Tea1 group on Meetup to receive the password to the events.
- Froggers is a group that has hosted Meet Ups in the Burnaby/Vancouver area for many years and virtually since March. You can sign up to the Froggers group on Meetup to receive the passwords to their virtual events.
- Knit2gether is a Burnaby based group that regularly meets as well and you can get information on their upcoming events by joining either their Facebook group or their Ravelry group.
- The West Coast Knitters’ Guild has two virtual workshops coming up on January 9 with Patty Lyons, an internationally known knitting instructor who specializes in sweater design.
- Fibre Love Affair is back on January 9, 10, 16 & 17 with a great online vendor line up and Baaad Anna’s will be participating too!
- Knit City Virtual will be taking place on February 5-7 with online workshops and trunk shows. We’ll be participating in Knit City Virtual as well.