Yarnie PopUp at VAG
Are you nostalgic for KnitCity? Ready to see some amazing indie yarns and fibre arts kits in the wild? Wanna check out our Travelling Woolery trailer? Come visit us at the Vintage & Handmade Society Maker’s Market on the lawn of Vancouver Art Gallery this Saturday and Sunday from 11am-6pm. Strict covid protocols will be observed similar to how the Farmer’s Markets have been operating in Vancouver, but here’s our mid-Sept hoorah to welcome in the Fall Yarnie Season!
We will be featuring our newest lines of indie dyers including:
- The premier-LYS-launch of a new local Wild West Dye who will be showcasing her lovely naturally dyed caked yarns available in amazing 25g, 50g or 100g cakes (so you don’t have to buy more than you need — genius!);
- Our hottest new local dyer from Northern BC (Williams Lake) Chester Knits;
- The entire THREE years of Hue Loco’s Backyard Chickens sets;
- Stunning vintage colours of Seattle’s Earl Grey Fiber Co;
- And of course a selection of my personal fav Rohrspatz and Wollmeise yarn, for which we are a flagship store in BC!
We will also be showcasing a variety of introductory and slightly-beyond-basic fibre arts kits at this show to get all hands on deck joining us in our love of all things fibre. This is a great time to get settled into a new craft, or share your love of fibre with those you are ready to hunker down with for the upcoming season!
And come and be introduced to our newest have-yarn-will-travel mini-house… Baaad Anna’s The Travelling Woolery (join our adventures on Instagram!)…
Mark your calendars to come down and visit us this weekend on the front lawn of the VAG! We are super excited to meet with our yarnie and maker community!